END OF TERM INFORMATION
We have endured a particularly busy first term which was obviously affected by the disturbances in January.
Form 1’s are now settled and all students are adapting to the new Honours Rating System for which the top students will receive certificates in the final assembly on Thursday morning.
Our Choir and Solo singers have performed extremely well at the recent National Institute of Allied Arts Festival earning a number of honours and first and second class ratings.
Our World Scholars Cup team came away with top school honours again at the competition hosted by Hellenic Academy.
Deborah Mhizha (tennis) and Chinyere Mgbemena (swimming) are representing Zimbabwe in their age groups.
The School UK tour group arrived in London on Sunday and will be returning to Zimbabwe on 20 April 2019.
Please can we remind parents of the following:
- It is the responsibility of each parent to ensure that their child is adequately covered with a medical aid scheme. The school is unable to cover the expense of a student being treated at any trauma centre, hospital or clinic.
This is particularly important in the event of an accident or illness while a student is on school property and the school authorities are unable to contact parents/guardians at the time.
- Invoices for the second term will be given to your child tomorrow. If you do not receive an invoice please contact the bursar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Second term fees and levies are being invoiced as per the adjustment agreed at the fees meeting held last week.
- Students/parents will be issued with an Access card once fees have been settled. Please note that on Tuesday 7 May 2019 students will not be permitted onto the main school campus if they are not in possession of their access card.
- We therefore urge parents to ensure payment for second term fees and levies is made on time. If you choose to delay payment until the first day of school then your child will NOT gain access on that day. Bear in mind the Bursars will face challenges in processing large numbers of parents on day 1 of Term 2.
- The Bursar will be open on the following days and times in the holidays. On all other days the office will be closed.
Monday 15 April to Wednesday 17 April 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Thursday 25 April to Friday 26 April 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
Monday 29 April to Friday 3 May 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
Monday 6 May 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
- The School insists that all students wear the regulation uniform and sports kit and this will be enforced in term 2.
- Finally, all Form Ones are required to participate in hockey in the winter term and therefore will require a hockey stick to be brought to practice.
D W Anderson
Eaglesvale Senior School
P.O. Box ST650
Tel: 263 4 664 480/8
Cell: 0772 169 831 / 071 260 8485